Monday, May 28, 2012

Goodies from the UK!

When you think of the Internet, and more specifically Facebook fan pages, what usually comes to mind is drama, hostility and holier-than-thou attitudes. You find it during contests, scattered in comments and posted on walls.  Rewind to August of 2011, the very first time I stumbled upon the Fortune Cookie Soap fan page. It started with ordering just 2 little soaps and wandering back to the page just to leave a quick note letting them know how much I had loved what I bought. What happened next was much to my surprise - I not only heard kind words back from the owners, Shannon & Justin, but also from a whole community of lovely girls from all over the world. Needless to say I stuck around, continued ordering and interacting with the same bunch of wonderful people and ended up making some absolutely amazing friends! 


This post in particular is dedicated to one of the amazing girls that I now have the pleasure to call a very good friend. Her name is Becky (if you've ever visited the FCS page, no doubt you've also had the pleasure to talk to her too!), she lives in the UK and is by far one of the sweetest, friendliest and most easy-going people I've ever talked to. Being from opposite sides of the world (I'm in Canada), we recently decided to swap some goodies and I'm here now to share them with all of you! Hope you enjoy, I know I will be! haha :)


A big box showed up at my door today!

First thing I found was a lovely handwritten card! I'm a sap and the words inside were very sweet :')

These salt 'n vinegar snacks are one of my Moms favourites, but they stopped importing them to Canada yeeeeeears ago, she was THRILLED!

Teddy Shaped Potato Snacks and Pig shaped gummies! I know a certain little boy who will fight me for these, so neat!

Jazzie Biscuits! I love cookies and these look soooo good.

Galaxy Orange & Shortcake Chocolate Bar! This chocolate bar is MASSIVE, I've read in lots of places that this chocolate is WAY better than the stuff we have here :)

Hotel Chocolat goodies! These must have cost a fortune, I've never seen such fancy chocolates! May pair these with a glass of wine for a night of pure indulgence ;)

Cadbury Wispa Gold, BlackJack chews and Sherbert fountain candy! Haven't tried any of these before, they sound tasty!

Flying saucers! I just tried these for the first time before starting this post, they're so neat! At first it's like a plain wafer and then BAM! A kick of sweet/sour powder candy inside. Love!

Pink Shrimp candy (doesn't taste like shrimp thankfully haha) and Bristol-made Toffee Crunch Candy. These are both fantastic.

Rhubarb and Custard hard candies and chewy Milk Teeth candy! So fun :)

Sweet Baccy and Lemon & Lime Bon Bons! The Sweet Baccy was the very first thing I tried from the box, it looked so strange and intriguing and I had to ask what it was. They are brown sugar and coconut! Quite addictive actually.

A lovely assortment of teas, can't wait to try them!

Sample tart melts in Rhubarb & Custard and Pink Sugar. I have an unhealthy addiction to Pink Sugar :)

A gorgeous coaster from a local artist and some adorable UK chocolate lollies! The coaster is going beside my bed with my favourite candle and my son will probably steal the lollies if they aren't hidden haha :)


Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel and Candy Mountain Bubble Bar! Being a hoarder of bath goodies myself, I'm so thankful that she was so kind to share some of her stash with me! I've never tried their limited edition Christmas scents and I'm definitely kicking myself now!

Fortune Cookie Soap recently had a 'Create-Your-Own' Body Butter sale and Peach Bellini was one of the scents Becky chose! It smells amazing and so sweet of her to also dig into her personal supply to share this one with me :)

Gorgeous beauty goodies from brands we don't have here! Collection 2000 eyeshadow and glitter eyeliner, Barry M nail polish and I love.. Coconut & Cream lip balm! Neon and sparkly things make me happy :D

Lovely Bristol postcards! This is where all these amazing things come from.

Last but definitely not least, a cool I <3 Bristol fabric tote bag! I'll be rocking this for the summer, will hold beach goodies or for shopping runs :)

That's all of it, there is so many awesome things to try! If the pictures aren't my best, it's just because I couldn't wait to tear in haha I'm so grateful to have met such a wonderful person and thankful for all these goodies I wouldn't otherwise have had the chance to experience. Feels like Christmas today! Now comes the impatient wait for her to receive a box of stuff from Canada and I just hope it brings some of the excitement I got today. Thank you Becky for everything you did and for being so awesome, now I'm off to go overload myself with fun sweets! ;) <3

xo Sarah




3 comments:

  1. Wow all those things look soooooooooo great!!!!!!!!!
    Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. that's a LOT of candy. lol
    I love candy too. I'm getting some in a box too next week. :) :) :)

    ChicBeauty on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here i love candies too, no expert says that sugar leads to any disease, even obesity.

    sugar industries

    ReplyDelete